Liv Yoga is located in the heart of Verdun, in a bright and beautifully restored, historical building. Easily accessible and centrally located on Wellington (corner Willibrord); surrounded by cafes, shops, restaurants and bars, near public transportation with easy access to major autoroutes.
Liv Yoga offers a variety of daily classes, private massage with a wide range of membership options.
At Liv Yoga, we believe in respect, compassion, kindness and inclusion – values that transcend language, age, race, gender and religion. We believe in bringing people together to cultivate community, through the practice of yoga.
Carmen’s been practicing yoga for over 10 years. As a practitioner and mother, Carmen has discovered the freedom of letting go and learning to be present. As a certified instructor, she’s committed to self-inquiry, deepening her own practice and contributing to the growing
yoga community by sharing the practice with others.
Carmen’s passion for yoga and the parallels we can draw from its teachings to live more mindfully, led to the creation of Liv Yoga.
Rudi van der Walde
Rudi discovered yoga and meditation while traveling in India in the late 1970’s and has continued to cultivate a disciplined, daily practice
Rudi’s yoga practice keeps him grounded and connected to his passions. His love of art and nature resonate in everything he does. We’re thrilled to have him share his experience and practice, in selfless service, during our free ‘Liv Calm’ meditation classes on Saturdays.
Victoria began her yoga journey when introduced to Ashtanga over 15 years ago. She continued her exploration of other styles such as Iyengar and Sivananda before traveling to Nicaragua to complete her 500HR training with Modo Yoga, where she continues to teach.
Yoga has helped Victoria overcome a lifelong battle with anxiety and depression and has enabled her to re-connect to her truest, most compassionate and creative self. She believes that a consistent practice is a framework to cultivate greater focus, balance, strength and stability and is committed to helping her students develop these skills as they explore themselves through their practice.
Kamil has been teaching and practicing yoga for over eight years. He has solid roots in traditional Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa, Power Yoga and Bikram Yoga. Kamil’s classes are powerfully engaging, allowing students to maintain their focus while keeping a positive and intense energy. His journey began in Morocco when he obtained his 200HR Hatha Yoga teacher training certification. Kamil’s passion grew immensely beyond this point and his thirst for knowledge led him to India. During this time he undertook a 300HR Hatha and Vinyasa Flow TTC which he carried with him to Nepal, China, France and Canada. Kamil aspires to share his understanding of yoga by encouraging others to dedicate their mind, body and soul to their practice.
Some helpful tips . . .
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before class to allow time to change, use the washroom, get signed in and maybe sip a tea before class.
- The practice room is a silent space so please save conversations for the lounge area.
- The studio is a cell-free environment. This means. . . absolutely no cell phones are permitted in the practice area. If you must bring your phone with you, please leave it in a locker and take advantage of this opportunity to truly disconnect.
- Please remove your shoes / boots when entering the studio. We have a spot to hang your coats and jackets, too.
- No food in the practice area.
- Don’t forget to bring your water bottle!
- If you’ve forgotten your mat or don’t have one, don’t fret. Mats can be rented for $2.00 each.
- Please lock up your valuables in the lockers provided. We’re not responsible for lost or stolen stuff.